Fabulous local pubs to pamper to your every request
The Green Man, The Castle Inn and The Elephant & Castle are completely at your service and but a short walk.
- Just look at how your wee doggy might enjoy it here with all these walks
- View the very rare Falabella horses on the gorgeous Vineyard walk
- Maybe water is more your scene - well try the equally gorgeous Ford Lakes walk
- View pictures from a walk to the Father Tree dated 2/7/2006
- View pictures from a village walk dated 9/10/2005
- View pictures from the Vineyard walk dated 8/10/2005
- Don't miss Royal Ascot, Henley Royal Regatta & the various Henley Festivals
- The perfect Spa experience!
- Incredible fun with a Virtual Photo Booth!
- A Full English Breakfast - coming right up Sir sorry Ma'am!
- Our Fabulous "C U Jimmy" Jock Hat Competition!
- The ultimate Cottage + Cruiser Henley Regatta & Festival experience!
- Anyone for a fabulous scrumptious BBQ?
- We give you the renowned West End cabaret star - "Miss Dollie Bergere"!
- Crafts and Giggles - Hen Party Entertainment.
- Who's for a Hen Party Challenge?
- Darren "The Dazzler" - Our International Cocktail Man!
- A spectacular evening of Murder Mystery with all its twists and turns
- Possibly the perfect place to park up before that flight from Heathrow?
- Perfect for the more sophisticated hen party
- Self Catering Accommodation - Larger parties can rent the whole house for 2 days or more
- Special rate taxi hire for St. Swithins Cottage customers
- St. Swithins Cottage is the best accommodation choice for our friends from the USA or Canadian
- People who have enjoyed St. Swithins Cottage
St. Swithins Cottage
Tel: +44 (0)7712 673376View map
"Hen Hefner of Hurst"
0333 331 7181
James Parker offers fitness games and boxing for the hens who would like to do that little something different!
0203 553 2830
Polly & Neil
0208 908 9333
Event Cocktails & Consultancy
0844 272 3549
Darren "The Dazzler"
Grocer & Convenience Store
46 Station Road
01189 344586 or 01189 344599
Italian / Pizza:
01189 794111 or 01189 770500
Vineyard - Wine Tasting
+353 61 605900
0191 233 1010
Relax with us
St. Swithins Cottage
Peace - Tranquillity - Antiquity
Get in touchIf I am around feel free to Skype chat with me. I can even walk you around via cam to any room you want to see. Just press the button immediately below.....
St. Swithins Cottage customers benefit from three fabulous local pubs!
We have spoken to our local hostelries to produce a range of dining offerings to fit the needs of customers to both St. Swithins Cottage and its affiliated properties.
The vast majority of our cumstomers come in the form of either Sophisticated Hen Party users or Absolutely Fabulous Glamping users and it is to these groups that we have tailored our dining offerings.
The Green Man 01189 342599 is less than 100 yards away and so is quite simply perfect for you!
It has just gone through (November 2013) the most extensive floor to ceiling and gorgeous refit by the hands of the brewery Brakspear which took over six weeks to complete.
Now under new ownership it once again has retained and even surpassed it's former glory and being so close it truly is the no-brainer of all no-brainers!
Pictured immediately below is the Green Man's Cellar Bar which is the perfect private dining facility for your group. So don't wait any longer and give them a ring on 01189 342599 and book your place there before someone else does!
The Castle Inn is a Free House under the, very capabale, front of house stewardship of Luke (01189 340034). It is both gorgeous and the perfect venue for that Sophisticated diner! Their head chef Matt Brown will titillate your taste buds with a mouth watering selection of his finest creations in equally sumptuous surroundings.
It is a gorgoeus tavern dating back almost a 1,000 years and it has two perfect private dining facilities for your group.
Firstly you have The Snug on the ground floor adjacent to The Powder Room which can seat party groups of around 18 persons and really is a lovely little personal room perfect for the hen with her chicks.
Then upstairs you have the much larger White Party Room where groups of 25 plus can be easily accommodated.
In addition to these opulent facilities they have a wonderful secluded beer garden to the rear for maybe a lunch time celebration or rest after a walk perhaps? However we really see The Castle Inn's role in terms of our "dining offerings" to fitting the needs of groups requiring that Sophisticated evening dining experience.
The Elephant & Castle was once home to a world champion bar billiards team and is a Greene King house. It is run by a fun & down to earth couple Wayne & Pennie (01189 340886).
Now if you want to let your hair down then this is the place to do it! Wayne & Pennie are, quite simply, the most accommodating and imaginative couple around - at least Pennie is and Wayne is well sort of imagine Wayne's World and you will be on the right track. Anyway we have had Hen party groups there enjoying an 80's disco, a pub quizz, Aunt Sally lessons, dancing into the wee small hours and many more intriguing and unique events.
Effectively there are two sides to the pub and they, generally, accommodate our groups in their Garden Bar area where 25 plus Hens can enjoy an exclusive dining experience. This also is the where Wayne lets his long dreadlocks of luxurious hair down and really offers you a great place to boogie on down to the wee small hours.
They offer superb value for money home cooked food which is ideal for the more budget wary group. Pennie doesn't believe she is a chef rather she likens herself to a simple "cook", similar to the likes of your old school dinner lady, but boy is she wrong. Many a dish that comes from her fair hands would whet any man's appetite and they offer such fabulous value for money. A special favourite of mine is her "Spisy Meet Bolls" wow they taste ecstatic. As you can imagine her cooking far surpasses her spelling - well we're all a bit yocal out here!
With good beer, Sports TV, and regular live music the "Elly", as it is colloquially known, is a cracking fun pub with loads of local characters. In the Public Bar area they are also very dog friendly and the dogs are often more entertaining than the locals!
They even have an absolutely fabulous kids area incorporating a magical play house for children with a fully enclosed yellow curly wurly slide and a bouncy castle both of which, as you can see from the videos that follow, have been well used by Hens to Managing Directors alike who have stayed at St. Swithins Cottage.