For accommodation near Henley, Twyford, Winnersh or Wokingham
St. Swithins Cottage is the romantic country bed and breakfast for you! Please call Dean now on +44 (0)7712 - 673376.
- Don't miss Royal Ascot, Henley Royal Regatta & the various Henley Festivals
- The ultimate Cottage + Cruiser Henley Regatta & Festival experience!
- We give you the renowned West End cabaret star - "Miss Dollie Bergere"!
- Who's for a Hen Party Challenge?
- Darren "The Dazzler" - Our International Cocktail Man!
- A spectacular evening of Murder Mystery with all its twists and turns
- Local amenities
- Local Pubs
- What makes Hurst a special place?
- Just look at how your wee doggy might enjoy it here
- Possibly the perfect place to park up before that flight from Heathrow?
- View the very rare Falabella horses on the gorgeous Vineyard walk
- Maybe water is more your scene - well try the equally gorgeous Ford Lakes walk
- View pictures from a walk to the Father Tree dated 2/7/2006
- View pictures from a village walk dated 9/10/2005
- View pictures from the Vineyard walk dated 8/10/2005
- Perfect for the more sophisticated hen party
- Self Catering Accommodation - Larger parties can rent the whole house for 2 days or more
- Special rate taxi hire for St. Swithins Cottage customers
- St. Swithins Cottage is the best accommodation choice for our friends from the USA or Canadian
- People who have enjoyed St. Swithins Cottage
- Latest News
St. Swithins Cottage
Tel: +44 (0)7712 673376View map
Recommended by Dean:
Polly & Neil
0845 0514251 or 07919 110456
Event Cocktails & Consultancy
0844 272 3347
Darren "The Dazzler"
Grocer & Convenience Store
Chinese / Thai: Jolly Farmer
Indian: The Mita's
01189 344586 or 01189 344599
Italian / Pizza: La Fontana
Stanlake Park Wine Estate
Relax with us
St. Swithins Cottage
Peace - Tranquillity - Antiquity
Don't miss out - book now!Book sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment as St. Swithins Cottage is often booked out in its entirety for weeks at a time!
Just click the button immediately below to enter our booking system.
Get in touchIf I am around feel free to Skype chat with me. I can even walk you around via cam to any room you want to see. Just press the button immediately below.....
Probably the finest B&B near Henley, Ascot, Twyford, Winnersh or Wokingham!
A beautiful romantic holiday cottage in the ancient picturesque village of Hurst near Henley-on-Thames offering all the appeal of country cottages with the ability to sleep up to 21 people in the house alone! If you are searching for Henley hotels, a holiday cottage, Henley accommodation, country cottages or Henley B&B then search no further. St. Swithins Cottage with its fabulous surroundings is the Henley bed and breakfast for you!
With regards to leisure it is located only 1 mile from Twyford (22 minutes to London Paddington by train) and is near London Heathrow (22 miles), Windsor (11 miles), Ascot (10 miles), Henley-on-Thames (7 miles), Wokingham (3 miles),Bracknell (6 miles), Maidenhead (8 miles) and Reading (7 miles). Although it is part of the country cottages scene it is also close to business and lies only 4 miles from Winnersh Triangle, 5 miles from Bracknell's Amen Corner and 6 miles from Thames Valley Park.
This truly characterful period property dating, in some parts, to approaching 500 years old and mentioned in the Hurst District Plan as being of architectural and historic interest, is a pure haven of tranquillity.
It offers the most superb range of facilities along with those very special "Quintessential" English village pubs, just a stone's throw away, to relax in after a long hard day! On top of that even in our twee wee village we have a butcher, a baker & a convenience store where all the essentials of life can easily be purchased and they are but a few hundred yards from our front door!
The property, themed on a Scottish "Hunting Lodge", is a sumptuous yet quirky retreat which will welcome the sophisticated weary traveller or exhausted business professional with open arms. Throughout the property ancient warrior artefacts abound none less so than in the imposing stairwell where you can just imagine taking on the Scots headed byWilliam Wallace at Bannockburn. And yes I do know what the problem with Scotland is – its full of Scots! However there are quite a few of us down here now you have to say that last line with a Scottish accent).
With ample parking, copious living accommodation and Boutique rooms it is the ideal "Home from Home" for both the busy professional or the sophisticated traveller.
Even if you do nothing else, plese just click this gothic styled testimonial immediately to the left to see what customers are saying of their stay at St. Swithins Cottage in their own handwriting and from our own actual guest book as seen on the table in the picture to the top left of this our opening "Home" page.
In addition both Google Reviews and TripAdvisor Reviews are also available for you to peruse.
If you want something completely different why not consider our Absolutely Fabulous Glamping offer?
USA, Canada & Continental Guests:
Please be sure our Overseas Guest's webpage where lots of information on getting to and from the likes of London is contained.
Two More Sumptuous Properties:
Via our Affiliate Program we have increased our property portfolio to now include a trio of magnificent English properties of antiquity!
Obviously we start with St. Swithins Cottage but we can also offer you Ashridge Farmhouse and both of these properties have histories stretching back over , an incredible, half a millennia!
Please visit our section on self-catering for larger groups where all your Group Pricing questions will be explained.