For accommodation near Henley, Twyford, Winnersh or Wokingham
St. Swithins Cottage is the romantic country bed and breakfast for you! Please call Dean now on +44 (0)7712 - 673376.
- Just look at how your wee doggy might enjoy it here with all these walks
- View the very rare Falabella horses on the gorgeous Vineyard walk
- Maybe water is more your scene - well try the equally gorgeous Ford Lakes walk
- View pictures from a walk to the Father Tree dated 2/7/2006
- View pictures from a village walk dated 9/10/2005
- View pictures from the Vineyard walk dated 8/10/2005
- Don't miss Royal Ascot, Henley Royal Regatta & the various Henley Festivals
- The perfect Spa experience!
- Incredible fun with a Virtual Photo Booth!
- A Full English Breakfast - coming right up Sir sorry Ma'am!
- Our Fabulous "C U Jimmy" Jock Hat Competition!
- The ultimate Cottage + Cruiser Henley Regatta & Festival experience!
- Anyone for a fabulous scrumptious BBQ?
- We give you the renowned West End cabaret star - "Miss Dollie Bergere"!
- Crafts and Giggles - Hen Party Entertainment.
- Who's for a Hen Party Challenge?
- For group activities consider Decopatch, Pottery Painting or a Vintage Tea Party
- Darren "The Dazzler" - Our International Cocktail Man!
- A spectacular evening of Murder Mystery with all its twists and turns
- Possibly the perfect place to park up before that flight from Heathrow?
- Perfect for the more sophisticated hen party
- Self Catering Accommodation - Larger parties can rent the whole house for 2 days or more
- Special rate taxi hire for St. Swithins Cottage customers
- St. Swithins Cottage is the best accommodation choice for our friends from the USA or Canadian
- People who have enjoyed St. Swithins Cottage
St. Swithins Cottage
Tel: +44 (0)7712 673376View map
"Hen Hefner of Hurst"
0333 331 7181
0203 553 2830
Polly & Neil
0208 908 9333
Event Cocktails & Consultancy
0844 272 3549
Darren "The Dazzler"
Grocer & Convenience Store
Chinese / Thai: Jolly Farmer
Indian: The Mita's
01189 344586 or 01189 344599
Italian / Pizza: La Fontana
Vineyard - Wine Tasting
+353 61 605900
0191 233 1010
Relax with us
St. Swithins Cottage
Peace - Tranquillity - Antiquity
Get in touchIf I am around feel free to Skype chat with me. I can even walk you around via cam to any room you want to see. Just press the button immediately below.....
Probably the finest B&B near Henley, Ascot, Twyford, Winnersh or Wokingham!
A beautiful romantic holiday cottage in the ancient picturesque village of Hurst near Henley-on-Thames offering all the appeal of country cottages with the ability to sleep over 20 people! If you are searching for Henley hotels, a holiday cottage, Henley accommodation, country cottages or Henley B&B then search no further. St. Swithins Cottage with its fabulous surroundings is the Henley bed and breakfast for you!
With regards to leisure it is located only 1 mile from Twyford (22 minutes to London Paddington by train) and is near London Heathrow (22 miles), Windsor (11 miles), Ascot (10 miles), Henley-on-Thames (7 miles), Wokingham (3 miles),Bracknell (6 miles), Maidenhead (8 miles) and Reading (7 miles). Although it is part of the country cottages scene it is also close to business and lies only 4 miles from Winnersh Triangle, 5 miles from Bracknell's Amen Corner and 6 miles from Thames Valley Park.
This truly characterful period property dating, in some parts, to approaching 500 years old and mentioned in the Hurst District Plan as being of architectural and historic interest, is a pure haven of tranquillity.
It offers the most superb range of facilities along with those very special "Quintessential" English village pubs, just a stone's throw away, to relax in after a long hard day! On top of that even in our twee wee village we have a butcher, a baker & a convenience store where all the essentials of life can easily be purchased and they are but a few hundred yards from our front door!
The property, themed on a Scottish "Hunting Lodge", is a sumptuous yet quirky retreat which will welcome the sophisticated weary traveller or exhausted business professional with open arms. Throughout the property ancient warrior artefacts abound none less so than in the imposing stairwell where you can just imagine taking on the Scots headed by William Wallace at Bannockburn. And yes I do know what the problem with Scotland is – its full of Scots! However there are quite a few of us down here now you have to say that last line with a Scottish accent).
With ample parking, copious living accommodation and Boutique rooms it is the ideal "Home from Home" for both the busy professional or the sophisticated traveller.
Even if you do nothing else, please just click this gothic styled testimonial immediately to the left to see what customers are saying of their stay at St. Swithins Cottage in their own handwriting and from our own actual guest book as seen on the table in the picture to the top left of this our opening "Home" page.
In addition both Google Reviews and TripAdvisor Reviews are also available for you to peruse.
Following in the strong and proven tradition of St. Swithins Cottage we are constantly in the process of developing a range of Exclusive Hen / GetAway Party House Properties.
Armed with the experience of what works best, from hosting hundreds of house parties at St. Swithins Cottage, each of our properties is chosen for its unique quirkiness in terms of the actual house; a great location with superb local & unusual amenities and, of course, both capable & amiable owners.
Please click on the map picture to the right to see if there is a property, marked by a Pink Hen, which fits your needs perfectly.
However if you want something completely different why not consider our Absolutely Fabulous Glamping offer?
USA, Canada & Continental Guests:
Please be sure our Overseas Guest's webpage where lots of information on getting to and from the likes of London is contained.
Two More Sumptuous Properties:
Via our Affiliate Program we have increased our property portfolio to now include a trio of magnificent English properties of antiquity!
Obviously we start with St. Swithins Cottage but we can also offer you Ashridge Farmhouse and both of these properties have histories stretching back over , an incredible, half a millennia!
Please visit our section on self-catering for larger groups where all your Group Pricing questions will be explained.